Minneapolis and St Louis 28124 was built for the Richmond, Fredericksburg and Potomac, as their 2383. It was built in February 1918 by the Pressed Steel Car Company as part of series 2251-2450 (200 cars). This car was sold to the Minneapolis and St Louis where it was numbered 28124 in 1939. M and St L retired the car and sold it to Hyman Michaels Company. It was acquired by the US Navy in 1944, probably to replace equipment destroyed in the Concord Naval Weapons Station explosion that occurred at Port Chicago, California on July 17, 1944. Hyman Michaels’ ownership plates were present on the car when it arrived at the Western Railway Museum.