This car was built in 1913 by the Hall Scott Motor Car Company of Berkeley, Ca. for the Oakland, Antioch and Eastern Railroad, which ran between Oakland and Sacramento. It was part of an eight-car order, series 1019 to 1026. In 1915 car 1019 was motorized using new equipment purchased from Westinghouse Electric and Manufacturing Company, of Pittsburgh, Pa. In January 1920, the O A and E was reorganized as the San Francisco-Sacramento Railroad. In 1928 the Sacramento Northern Railroad, formerly the Northern Electric, merged with the SF-S to form the Sacramento Northern Railway. In February 1929, car 1019 was probably repainted into the SNRy paint scheme at Chico, Ca. In 1938 cab signals and automatic train stop equipment was installed to allow this car to operate over the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge. The Sacramento Northern discontinued passenger service in 1940 and in October 1941 car 1019 became maintenance car MW 301. Due to wartime power shortages, it was equipped with footboards and used as a switch engine. In November 1947 MW 301 had the electrical equipment removed and was rebuilt into MW 81, a kitchen – dining car. It was acquired by the Bay Area Electric Railroad Association in October 1972.