- How the late 1800s growth of San Francisco and Oakland as a financial - commerce centers and the East Bay "bedroom" suburb development were, geographically challenged by the SF Bay.
- How conquering this boundary ( SF Bay ) by ferry boats and fog gave way to trains on the Bay Bridge
- How increased travel demand required a unique solution. Solved by the immediate success of BART's opening and it's Trans Bay Tube alternative.
- How was the Transbay Tube was constructed
- How the Berkeley Hills Tunnel was constructed to coexist with the Hayward Fault
- How BART runs trains using an automatic train operating system
The Museum has several concepts in the works of how we plan on displaying up to three original Legacy Fleet cars. Each car will be carefully picked based on condition and history. Cars being considered have history with U.S. Presidents, Movies and build date.
Can you help us reach our goal to save BART history for future generations to see and learn from? You can donate on our Website