This is a forty-foot wooden boxcar with double sheathed sides, wood ends, and a steel under frame. 2136 was built by Mt. Vernon car Manufacturing Company in 1920. The car retired in 1973. It was preserved by the Pacific Coast Chapter of Railway and Locomotive Historical Society that gave it to the California State Railway Museum in 1978. When the CSRM no longer could store this car, it was donated the Western Railway Museum in 2008. This is the only remaining boxcar that was built new for Sacramento Northern Railroad.