This car was built by the McGuire Cummings Manufacturing Company of Paris, Ill. in 1922. It replaced a wooden box motor of the same number. Electrical and mechanical equipment were removed from the wooden car to outfit the new steel car. The San Francisco, Napa, and Calistoga Railway was reorganized into the San Francisco and Napa Valley Railroad in 1935, but the car was always letter “Napa Valley Route”. The San Francisco and Napa Valley Railroad was one of the few AC electric railroads in the West. The trolley voltage was 3300 VAC at 25 cycles. Car 100 ran on the Napa Valley Route until the end of electrification on May 5, 1942. The car was sold in 1943 and was stripped of its electrical equipment. The car went to The Pacific Lumber Company at Scotia, California, where it was in train service on this company’s railroad. After service at TPLCo it went to a private collector. It was acquired by the Museum in November 1983.