Educational Group Visits
The Western Railway Museum welcomes school group visits throughout the year. The fee to bring your group varies depending on the size of your group and when you wish to visit. The Museum is open Saturdays and Sundays throughout the year, and Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday from June 13 - August 19. Hours of operation are always 10:30am – 5:00pm. School Groups recieve a special rate of $5 per person.
- An information packet full of facts about our historic electric rail cars, and teaching tools in the form of educational games and puzzles, as well as grade-appropriate social history.
- Learning about the importance of electric railroads.
- “Operation Lifesaver” presentation, a nationally recognized railroad safety program.
- A 10-mile round trip ride on an authentic restored historic electric rail car.
Rules and Regulations
- Minimum fee of $250 covers the first 25 attendees (students, teachers, chaperones, and siblings). Additional attendees are $10 each. Children under 2 are free.
- At least one teacher or chaperone must be present for every 10 children under the age of 15.
- A $50 deposit is required to hold your date. Full payment is due on the day of the field trip. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Discover, and checks made payable to: Western Railway Museum.
- Cancellations 72+ hours in advance of reservation date receive full refund.
- Cancellations less than 72 hours in advance of reservation date forfeit deposit.
- “No shows” are responsible for full fee.
To book a field trip, please call the museum at 707-374-2978.
A field trip to the Western Railway Museum can help students and teachers address many California State Curriculum Standards, especially in grades K-5.