On January 22, 1932 the car house and substation of the San Francisco, Napa, and Calistoga Railway burned in a fire ignited by a gasoline bus being worked on in the building. Motorcars 40, 51 and 60 and the substation were destroyed. The Company decided to rebuild as an electric railroad and ordered two new steel conventional interurban car bodies from the St Louis Car Company. They arrived in Napa in April 1933 and were outfitted with trucks, motors and controls from retired Niles cars. The cars entered service in May of 1933. The San Francisco, Napa, and Calistoga Railway was reorganized into the San Francisco and Napa Valley Railroad in 1935, but the car was always letter “Napa Valley Route”. Passenger service was discontinued in September 1937 making a very short career for these cars. The cars were pressed into service in 1941 and 1942 to handle freight movements until the line was converted to diesel operation. The San Francisco and Napa Valley Railroad was one of the few AC electric railroads in the West. The trolley voltage was 3300 VAC at 25 cycles. After new Diesel locomotives arrived on the Napa Valley Route, the cars were sold to Hyman Michaels Company and moved to a scrap yard in South San Francisco. Car 63 was sold, after the electrical equipment was stripped off of it, to The Pacific Lumber Company at Scotia, California, where it was used in train service on this company’s railroad. After service at TPLCo ended it went to a private collector. It was acquired by the Museum in November 1983. Napa Valley 63 is widely regarded as the last conventional interurban to be built in the United States.