Western Pacific 1025 was built by American Car and Foundry in Milton, Pennsylvania between May and December 1912 at a cost of $1213.21 each. The car was manufactured to ACF Specification 5210 and built in lot 6664. It was built with arch bar trucks and type K-1 brakes with an 8 inch cylinder. The trucks were converted to Andrews side frames in 1937 and the K brakes were converted to type AB in June 1947 at Oroville. On May 4, 1950 the car was converted into a maintenance of way water car, number WPMW 1582 as one of series 1501 to 1575. The final service for this car on the Western Pacific was as the bilge water car for the ferry Las Plumas in Oakland. Note that the “WPRR Record of Equipment” card indicates that in February 1980 the car was renumbered to 1260. This is not accurate. The Bay Area Electric Railroad Association traded its’ tank car, GATX 79840, to the WP for car 1582. GATX 79840 was renumbered to WP 1260 prior to leaving the Museum. Car 1260 became the Diesel fuel car for Fruit Growers Express in Stockton Yard.