61 was built in 1903 by the American Car Companyfor the San Jose, Los Gatos Interurban Railway Company as numbers 13 respectively. The even numbered cars were motors, but the odd numbered cars were trailers. The 13, having been a trail car, was not named. The Southern Pacific consolidated the electric lines around the San Jose area into the Peninsular Railway.
After the discontinuance of passenger service, the electricalAfter the discontinuance of passenger service, the electricaland mechanical equipment was stripped. The 61 was stored in a barn and laterThe 61 was stored in a barn and laterexposed to the weather for a number of years.
1903-1909: SJ-LGI 13
1909: SP forms Peninsular Railway, renumbers 13 to PRy 61
1931: car 61 re-motorized converted to to one-man operation
1934: passenger service discontinued.
1934: 61 sold and stored in a barn.
19??: 61 moved outside.
1969: 61 arrived Rio Vista Junction.
1980: 61 donated to Bay Area Electric Railroad Association.
1980s: 61 partially restored.