This car was built in 1883 when the Sutter Street Railway rerouted its Larkin Street line from Sutter via Polk, Post, and Larkin across Market on 9th Street to Mission. After the 1906 earthquake and fire, all parts of the former Sutter Street Railway, with the exception of the section on Pacific Avenue from Poke Street to Divisadero, were converted to electric streetcar by the United Railroads. No. 33 was assigned to this cable service. The Pacific Avenue cable was abandon without replacement in 1929 by the Market Street Railway (of 1921). Note: the numbering history of this car is not known.