The first of the six cars series 45-50, the 46 was built by theAmerican Car Company in their St Louis, Missouri, plant and purchased by Pacific Gas and Electric for its Sacramento streetcar operations. It spent its entire working career on the system, being retired prior to the Sacramento City Lines takeover of PG&E's Sacramento streetcar system in 1943. The car was acquired by the Museum in July 1987.
1920-c1942: PG&E 41.
194?-1983: used as a summer cottage in Orangevale, California
1983: acquired by Bay Area Electric Railroad Association and moved to Rio Vista Junction