PG&E 63 was built by the American Car Company of St Louis, Mo. on their order 1455. The cars were delivered in December 1929 and became known as the Christmas Present cars. 63 is part of a 12 car series, numbered 56 to 67. American Car Company was a subsidiary of J G Brill. By this time Brill had been acquired by American Car and Foundry. When 63 was built the American Car Company was to last only 18 more months before it was shut down on July 1, 1931. These were the last cars to be acquired for Sacramento. Sacramento City Lines took over of the system from PG&E in 1943. Car 63 operated until the end of streetcar operation in Sacramento on January 5, 1947. This car, like so many Sacramento cars, was underpowered with only two 40-horse power motors. After being the retired the carbody was used as a shed in the Rocklin area. The car was acquired by the Museum in July 1987.